NEET | The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test | NEET-UG
NEET-UG is an entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study graduate medical course and a dental course in government or private medical colleges and dental colleges respectively in India.
What is NEET (NEET 2019)?
NEET stands for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (NEET 2019) NEET has its two vertical Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG).
NEET UG is an Entrance Exam for the undergraduate programmes to get admission to the students for MBBS & BDS. Whereas the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduation (NEET-PG) is the only entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma courses in India.
NEET is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) every year for admission to Medical Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges approved by Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Some institutions like AIIMS and JIPMER conduct there own entrance examination for Medical Courses.
NEET 2019 Exam Date: According to the sources NEET (UG), 2019 will be conducted on the first Sunday of May 2019. That is the 5th of May 2019. Still, the official notification is awaited.
Eligibility and Qualification:
- The candidate has passed 11th and 12th level (10+2 level) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology taken together shall be required for all the candidates.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as a private candidate shall not be eligible to appear for NEET (UG). Furthermore, the study of Biology/Biotechnology as an additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not permissible.
- He/she has completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course.
- The upper age limit for NEET(UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with the relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Important Date - NEET 2019 Exam date | Result | Admit Card
- Date of Online submission of application will be probably the first week of February-2019.
- Date of Downloading Admit Cards on website 2nd Week of April 2019.
- Date of Examination, NEET (UG) - 2019 will be probably the first week of May.
NEET Result 2019 - Scorecard
NTA NEET Result 2019 will be released on June 5, 2019. The minimum NEET cut off marks to qualify the NEET exam will be 50% (For General category) & 40% (For Reserved Category).
The results will be available at the official portal i.e. nta.ac.in in the form of the scorecard.
The scorecard for NEET 2019 UG contain candidates’ All India Rank (quota and category), overall & sectional marks and percentile.
The counseling procedure will be started after the 2019 result declaration.
NEET 2019 will be conducted on May 5, 2019. Candidates qualifying the examination will have an opportunity to grab a seat into approximately 65,000 MBBS and 25,000 BDS seats in medical and dental colleges across India.
There will be no provision of re-evaluation/re-checking of the answer sheets. After the declaration of cutoff, an All India Merit List is prepared by NTA, containing names of qualified candidates with their corresponding NEET Rank.
However, there is no rise in the Examination fee this year, You can pay using the different payment method. Here is the fee for different category:
GENERAL/ OBC: Rs.1400/- (INR)
SC/ST/ PH: Rs.750/- (INR)
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India has decided for the Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS/BDS from a foreign Medical Institute needs to qualify NEET (UG).
Indian Nationals, Non-Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO’s) &Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG)-2019.
Exam pattern of NEET 2019
The pattern of the Entrance Test: The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper in all languages containing 180 objective type questions (four options with the single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology).The duration of the test would be 03 hours.
The language of the Question Papers: Candidates can opt for Question Paper in either of ENGLISH, HINDI, ASSAMESE, BENGALI, GUJARATI, KANNADA, MARATHI, ORIYA, TAMIL, TELUGU and URDU languages. The Option of the medium of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
Syllabus For NEET (UG)-2019
The Question Papers for the test shall be based on a Common Syllabus notified by the Medical Council of India and implemented in the year 2013. Click here for syllabus. Syllabus NEET (UG) – 2019
Other Important Information:
Mode of application: Online
Official Website: https://cbseneet.nic.in/
Documents required: Aadhaar Card, Passport size photograph.
Additional requirements: Mobile numbers, e-mail ID
Mode of payment of the fee is through any Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking/UPI, e-wallet of various service providers.
NEET Cut Off 2019
According to the statistics published by CBSE (NEET 2018 result) details of the candidates qualified the test on the basis of the minimum qualifying criteria of NEET-UG, 2018 are as follows:
NEET 2019 Syllabus :
Syllabus for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST for Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses
The Medical Council of India (MCI) recommended the following syllabus for NEET. NEET is Conducted for admission in MBBS/BDS courses across the country after review of various State syllabus which is prepared by CBSE, NCERT, and CBSE. This is to establish uniformity across the country keeping in view the relevance of different areas in Medical Education.
Physics - Class XI
1. Physical world and measurement
3. Laws of Motion
4. Work, Energy, and Power
5. Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
7. Properties of Bulk Matter
9. Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
10. Oscillations and Waves
Physics - Class XII
2. Current Electricity
3. Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
4. Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
5. Electromagnetic Waves
7. Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
8. Atoms and Nuclei
9. Electronic Devices
Chemistry - Class XI
1. Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
2. Structure of Atom
3. Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
4. Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
5. States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
8. Redox Reactions
10. s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
11. Some p-Block
12. Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques
14. Environmental Chemistry
Chemistry - Class XII
1. Solid State
4. Chemical Kinetics
5. Surface Chemistry
6. General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
7. p- Block Elements
8. d and f Block Elements
9. Coordination Compounds
10. Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
11. Elements Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
12. Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
13. Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
16. Chemistry in Everyday Life
Biology - Class XI
1. Diversity in Living World
2. Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
3. Cell Structure and Function
4. Plant Physiology
5. Human physiology
Biology - Class XII
2. Genetics and Evolution
3. Biology and Human Welfare
4. Biotechnology and Its Applications
5. Ecology and environment
For Core SYLLABUS for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST for Admission to MBBS/BDS Courses Click here to download.
Join our career Counselling Initiative