Introduction: Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (B.H.M.S.)
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (B.H.M.S.) is a five-year undergraduate medical course which provides a graduate degree in Homeopathy and one-year Internship also involved in this course. This degree covers the medical knowledge of the homeopathic system and eligible to become a doctor in the homeopathic medical field.
Homeopathy is also known as the system of alternative medicines. It is a holistic medical system and different from the allopathic system of medicine. In Homeopathy, treating patients with medicines made of highly diluted substances in mainly tablet form that triggers the body’s natural system of healing. The patients are taken care by enhancing the natural healing power of the human body.
Candidates of BHMS can choose any specialization such as Skin Specialist and Infertility, Homoeopathic Pharmacy, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, to take care of patients with their homeopathic study knowledge exposure.
Career Scope and Salary
Job Profile: BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) degree give a designation of the doctor who is eligible to do the private practice. The professionals in this field can work in companies those deal with the homeopathic preparations. The candidate may get the job in homeopathic colleges as a professor or the researcher. Many organizations are working in the manufacturing and research field in homeopathy also open for graduate professionals candidate in abroad.
The candidate also works as Consultant, Scientist, Therapist, Pharmacist, Public health specialist, Medical assistant, Spa director after completing the BHMS programme.
Some of the employment areas such as Charitable institutions, Clinic, Homeopathic medicine store, Research institutes, Consultancies, Training Institutes, Life science industries, Healthcare community, Pharmaceutical industries, Government/ private hospitals, Nursing home and Dispensaries need professionals who have done the BHMS course.
Candidates can also go for the higher studies in Homeopathy and allied areas such as Hospital Management Regenerative Medicine, Psychiatry, Epidemiology, Endocrinology or doctorate in Medicine in Organon of Medicine and Homoeopathic Philosophy, Homeopathic Practice of Medicine and Homeopathic Pharmacy also have a good career opportunity.
Salary: The average salary package offered to these employees ranges between INR 3.5 to 5 Lacs per annum. There is no limit of salary if you have become popular as a good doctor in the society. With experience, salary will have increased and can get a handsome salary like Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50, 000 per month.
Admission to the program is based on entrance exams by a reputed college. Candidates need to go through different entrance exams conducted at the national level and state level followed by a round of Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Stream: Medical Duration: 5 Years Course: BHMS Course Type: Graduation
Here is the list of some national and state level entrance examination for admission for BHMS,
- NEET (NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST)
- TS EAMCET (Telangana State Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test)
- AP EAMCET (Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture, Medical Common Entrance Test)
- KEAM (Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Degree)
- PU CET (Panjab University CET)
- BVP CET (Bharati Vidyapeeth University)
- Some states conduct the entrance examinations along with the MBBS and BDS test.
Top Colleges for BHMS courses are listed here:
- National Institute of Homeopathy, Kolkata
- Shri SairamHomoeopathy Medical College and Research Centre, Tamilnadu
- C.M.P. Homoeopathic Medical College, Mumbai
- Baroda Homeopathic Medical College, Gujarat
- DhondumamaSathe Homoeopathic Medical College, Pune
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Homeopathic Medical College, Pune
- Government Homeopathic Medical College, Bangalore
- Pt. Khushilal Sharma Government Ayurveda College, Bhopal
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
- Bakson Homeopathy Medical College and Hospital, UP
- Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College, Karnataka
- Venkateswara Homoeopathy Medical College, Tamil Nadu
The course can be pursued after completion of 10+2 with a minimum of 50% or equivalent level examination with Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
The average BHMS course fee ranges between INR 2 to 3 lacs.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (BHMS) is awarded after the completion of 5 years academic programme containing one-year internship programme with live practical.
- In this professional course the students are taught about the following:
- Fundamentals of Ayurvedic plant healing
- Healing through nutritional therapies
- Essential principles of homeopathy
- Immunology and immune system disorders
- Introduction to traditional Chinese medicine
- Health, wellness, and longevity
- Introduction to herbology
- Mind and body healing techniques
- Introduction to alternative medicine
- History of holistic health
Join our career Counselling Initiative