AFMC Application Form 2019
AFMC Application form 2019 will be released by AFMC in the 3rd week of May 2019 as expected. AFMC will be conducted to offer admission in Armed Force Medical College, Pune. Candidates have to apply for NEET 2019 entrance exam to get admission in AFMC MBBS courses.
There is No separate entrance exam for admission by the AFMC authority. Interested candidates can apply only on the basis of NEET entrance exam score. The detailed information about AFMC MBBS 2019, including, admission, application form, eligibility criteria, etc, candidates must go through this article.
For information about AFMC MBBS 2019 application form, Visit the official website of AFMC. Click here to go AFMC Notification page.
AFMC Admission process and Marks Calculation
- Candidates seeking admission to AFMC Pune will have to qualify the NEET UG – 2019 conducted by Central board of secondary education (CBSE). To know details about NEET 2019 click here.
- Candidates have to register and apply for AFMC, Pune on DGHS official website(www.mcc.nic.in).
- NEET Roll no of the candidates will be displayed on the website only if they are shortlisted for the screening at AFMC, Pune based on merit.
- Approximately 1750 candidates (1170 boys and 580 girls) will be called for the screening. As per the previous year, screening dates will be the third or fourth week of June 2019 at AFMC, Pune.
The exact dates of the screening will be Published on DGHS official website.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for a test which consists of English language, Comprehension, and Reasoning (ToELR) followed by Psychological Assessment test (PAT), Interview, and Medical examination.
- Test of English language comprehension, logic, and reasoning (ToELR) will be in the form of a computer-based test (CBT) of 80 marks consisting of 40 MCQs of 2.0 marks each. There will be negative marks of 0.5 for every incorrect answer that is 1/4.
- Time of 30 min will be given to complete the test.
- The marks obtained in ToELR will be added to NEET Score (max of 720) to get a score out of 800. This will be divided by 4 to get the written examination score out of 200.
- The interview will consist of 50 marks.
- The final merit will be based on the final score obtained by adding " written examination score + interview marks.
The duration of the MBBS course is 4 ½ years followed by compulsory rotating internship training of one year. All medical cadets commissioned into the AFMC will undergo internship training in selected service hospitals recognized by the medical council of India.
Number of seats
A total of 145 medical cadets (117 boys & 28 girls) will be given admission tentatively for the year 2019. In addition to the above 145 seats, the government of India at its discretion through the ministry of external affairs & ministry of defense may sponsor and select five (05) neet qualified foreign students from friendly foreign countries for MBBS in AFMC, under their AID/collaboration programmes. However, 1750 candidates (1170 boys and 580 girls) will be called for the screening based on their marks in NEET UG
AFMC Eligibility and qualifications for admission in AFMC MBBS
- Candidates must have passed in the first attempt of the higher secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination in science with English, physics, chemistry, and biology and securing not less than 60% of the aggregate marks in these three science subjects taken together and not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in each of the science subjects.
- Age criteria: the candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on 31 dec 2019 but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date.
- Must be unmarried.
AFMC Pune a Brief Introduction
If you are Finest in academics, have effective communication skills, and excellent physical standards and you want to become a doctor than the armed forces medical college is waiting for you. Armed forces medical college is a premier Medical Institute of India acknowledged as a center of excellence for education and research.
The college provides Medical education to undergraduate and post-graduate medical and nursing students with assured career prospects in the defense services. The institute is presently affiliated to the Maharashtra University of health sciences and is recognized by the MCI for undergraduate and various post graduate medical courses.
The armed forces medical college Pune will be selected 150 candidates (including 05 govt. Sponsored candidates from friendly foreign countries), of which 145 (117 boys and 28 girls) will be selected as medical cadets for imparting training (including MBBS course) at the armed forces medical college Pune, with liability to get commissioned in the armed forces medical services as medical officers.
Career option after MBBS from AFMC
On successful completion of MBBS course from AFMC, the medical cadets join the armed forces medical services as commissioned officers in one of the three services, viz. Army, navy and air force. On the basis of merit-cum-choice, 50% of the medical cadets are offered permanent commission (pc) and the rest short service commission (SSC). Promotions to next higher ranks exist in the cadre subject to satisfactory service and fitness for the rank.
According to the information given in website, Rank structure and the promotions are as tabled under: -
The height and weight Standards will depend upon the age, body and racial characteristics as per standards laid down for armed forces.
The minimum requirements are as follows: -
For Females, minimum height should be 144 cms and weight 36 kgs is Mandatory and for Males, height should not less than 157.5 cms However for Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwal the minimum height is 152.5 cms and weight below 47 kgs will not be accepted irrespective of age and other factors.
Overweight and obese candidates as per height/ age/weight standards for the armed forces will be declared unfit.
Join our career Counselling Initiative